Qualcomm has joined the Smart Cities Council as a specially designated Lead Partner (Markets and Policy).
Qualcomm Incorporated is the world leader in 3G, 4G and next-generation wireless technologies. Qualcomm Incorporated includes Qualcomm’s licensing business, QTL, and the vast majority of its patent portfolio. Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated, operates, along with its subsidiaries, substantially all of Qualcomm’s engineering, research and development functions, and substantially all of its products and services businesses, including its semiconductor business, QCT.
For more than 25 years, Qualcomm ideas and inventions have driven the evolution of digital communications, linking people everywhere more closely to information, entertainment and each other. Qualcomm innovation and technology can be used by cities worldwide to provide smart, efficient and sustainable services, including:
- Cellular grid connectivity- ubiquitous consumer coverage, high bandwidth and real-time communications of 3G and LTE cellular networks that enable critical smart grid functionality such as advanced smart metering, demand response, distribution automation, and outage management.
- Home area connectivity- unsurpassed whole home coverage, performance and reliability in an energy efficient manner.
- Connected vehicle- anywhere/anytime emergency assistance services, remote monitoring and diagnostics, advanced driver assistance features, GPS and GLONASS-enabled position-location features and services.
- Wireless electric vehicle charging- a simple, no fuss way to charge your electric vehicle. No cables, no wires, just park and charge.
- Mobile and wireless health- broadband technologies enabling mHealth devices and services for chronic disease management, remote patient monitoring, diagnostic care, as well as products associated with general health, wellness, fitness, and aging.
- Mobile learning- mobile broadband technologies enabling personalized experiences within collaborative communities, transforming the work of teachers/students in K-20 schooling.